How to Install DCL
There are multiple ways you can install a plugin, so the Disqus Conditional Load. Two of the most common ways are doing it via the WordPress dashboard, and via FTP.
Installing DCL from the WordPress dashboard
Follow these steps to install DCL from your WordPress dashboard. Make sure you are logged in and have the right capabilities to manage plugins.
- Hover over the menu option Plugins, then click on Add New
- Press the Upload Plugin button
- Press choose file and select the dcl zip file which you downloaded
- Press Open, then press Install Now
- If the load worked press Activate Now
If the installation did not work or you see an error after pressing Install Now you may need to try again or contact the support.
You may check these troubleshooting topics before contacting us.
Installing a plugin via FTP
Follow these steps to install DCL via FTP. To install it via FTP you will need direct access to your web host’s file server. Make sure you have a file transfer program (for example Filezilla) available, and have the correct rights from your hosting provider.
- On your local machine unzip the plugin zip file which you have downloaded already.
- Login to your site using FTP or SFTP
- Upload the extracted folder to the wp-content/plugins/ directory on your site
- Go to the WordPress Plugins dashboard and Activate the DCL plugin